How We Work
Sojourn Ventures offers much more than a set of keys. Our experience-based service comes from our passion for adventure and the locales we represent. From the moment your donors purchase their trip, organizations can count on Sojourn Ventures to take care of their donors’ travel needs every step of the way. We understand how crucial your donors are to fundraising endeavors and we in turn aim to offer them an unparalleled vacation that they will remember forever.
Our white-glove concierge service includes aiding in all aspects of planning our guests’ trips (excluding plane reservations). Many of our guests have never been to Italy or Bali and these trips are often life-long dreams. We want them to engage with the local community as much as possible to make their overall experience authentic and memorable.
Following a fundraising event, guests who have purchased a package with us will receive an electronic welcome packet with information to help them start planning their adventure. We work with each guest in planning the details of their trip, including transportation to and from different locations via train, rental car, and taxi.
In addition, once our guests arrive at their destination, they receive ground support from our local representatives who can arrange transportation, tours, cooking classes, winery and cultural excursions, and many other local activities.
It is our priority that guests feel at home in their accommodations. Therefore, we work hand-in-hand with owners of the individual homes we represent to curate both the properties and the guest experience. We always take care to ensure that the homes meet the highest standards for amenities, cleanliness, and comfort.
We take great satisfaction in working with nonprofit organizations because it allows people to have life-changing experiences in the places we love with a higher purpose that makes a positive impact. We look forward to partnering with you on your fundraising endeavor.
1. Select your Sojourn Ventures Travel Package
Determine which Sojourn Ventures package (Italy, Bali, or both) will be most conducive for your event, for your donors interests, and philanthropic capacity. Many of our organizations offer both locales at their events; experience has shown that offering trips to both locales creates high excitement among donors. We can offer expert advice on hand selecting travel packages for your event. Every Sojourn Ventures travel package is available on a Saturday to Saturday basis, for a total of seven days and seven nights.
2. No Risk Consignment Travel Packages and Reserve Pricing
All of our Italy and Bali packages are offered for fundraising events on a consignment basis. All our properties have a reserve price: every dollar raised above our reserve price goes directly to the non-profit. Therefore, we strongly recommend that organizations start the opening bid higher than the reserve price. Upon partnering with us, you will be provided with a complete list of reserve prices and retail valuations. We estimate the value of each package on an individual basis. This valuation is a combination of the property size and location, plus the added value of our white glove concierge service. If our reserve price is not met at the auction, you are under no financial obligation to Sojourn Ventures.
For a list of reserve prices on all of our properties, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your organization’s name and contact information.
3. Sojourn Ventures offers Unlimited Sales Potential.
We offer you the opportunity to sell any Sojourn Ventures getaway multiple times at your event, giving you the potential to generate considerable revenue for your organization. This also includes post-event sales to family, friends or patrons who are not able to attend in person.
4. Expiration Dates and Blackout Dates/Restrictions
- All of our Sojourn Ventures getaways yield an ample, two-year expiration from purchase date.
- We do not have any blackout dates or restrictions.
- Bookings are for one week, ALWAYS on a Saturday to Saturday basis, and are booked upon availability.
- If the property your donor has purchased has no availability during the period that they require, we offer alternative accommodations that are nearby and equal in value to their original package.
- Your winners also have the option of upgrading to a larger home for an additional fee, should they decide to bring more people. This is arranged with Sojourn Ventures post-event at the time of their booking.
5. Finalize winning bidder details.
Once your Sojourn Ventures travel packages have been sold at your auction, please email us within 48 hours of the event, providing the contact information for the winning bidders, including the following:
- Your organization name
- Names of winning bidder(s) and names of property purchased
- Corresponding email addresses and phone numbers
- If booster packages (cooking class or wine tour) were sold, how many with each package (Italy only)
- Name of auctioneer from your event
We will subsequently email the winning bidder(s) with an extensive welcome packet, providing them with all of the information necessary to begin the process of booking their stay.
6. Submit your payment to Sojourn Ventures for any travel packages sold.
Once you send us the above information, we will email you an invoice for the travel package(s) sold.
We require payment via check or money order to be sent within two weeks of the receipt of our invoice.
We do not accept credit cards.
Please make checks/money orders payable to:
522 N. Thompson St. Suite 8
Portland, OR 97227